The profile rolling mill project is the biggest project of İzmir Demir Çelik Sanayi A.Ş. after the establishment of the Foça Factory and Steelworks.
The İDÇ Profile Rolling Mill has an annual capacity of 400,000 tons/year with the most advanced rolling technology and automatic control system.
In our Profile Rolling Mill project, for which the first step was taken on 11.02.2011 when hot tests were started on 100x100x8 mm gussets on 03.01.2013. Our first commercial sale and shipment was done on 09.01.2013. The Profile Rolling Mill project was carried out together with the Siemens-VAI (SVAI) group.
Technical Features of the Rolling Mill;
- Approx. Total Equipment Weight: ~4000 Tons
- Annual Capacity: 400,000 Tons
- Furnace Capacity: 70 Tons/Hour
- Roll Configuration:
- 1 Sliding Type Reversible Preparation Bench
- 10 Continuous Rolling Mills
- 66 Meter Scalloped Type Cooling Platform
- 1 Multiple Straightener
- 2 Cold Saws
- Fully Automatic Packing at the End of the Line
When all these are considered, it seems like a typical profile rolling mill.
But What Makes Our Profile Rolling Mill Interesting is;
- It is the first time that the furnace automation logic has been used in Turkey for the annealing of billets. (The low fuel consumption and low emissions achieved with this system will contribute to the economy and the environment.)
- The sliding type reversible preparation bench is the second example used in Turkey and the first example used in profile production.
- The rolling mill was built on two floors and the rolling equipment is at +5 m level. As a profile rolling mill, this is a first in Turkey.
- All products will be straightened after the platform and cut to customer requested length with cold saws. It will be the third factory in Turkey using this application.